The Nine Arches
The Nine Arches draws inspiration from the heritage of Newton-le-Willows, forming a contemporary public house and restaurant that features a strong rustic charm, whilst preserving the impressive traditional facades of the former chapel, Sunday school and pet shop which had become a long standing pillar of the community.
The former pet shop traded from an old chapel and Sunday school, at the corner of Legh Street and Lord Street, in the Earlstown area of Newton-le-Willows. The chapel was built by the Primitive Methodists in 1872.
The buildings original facade was a fine example of traditional architecture. The new buildings design has closely reflected the history of the building and brought it back to life.
The scheme won the 2016 Northern Design Award in the Restaurant & Bar <£250k category.
JDW Free House
Newton Le Willows